Monday, July 21, 2008

Busy (but largely unproductive) weekend

So Saturday I worked 9-5 at The Hellhole, which was super-fun as always. It reconfirmed what I always knew--retail is not for me, and I probably shouldn't work with people :-P Although one customer told me I was very pleasant, which indicates to me that my acting skills are improving. One good thing: I got to work with one of my favorite co-workers, who had gotten a total of about six hours of sleep in the past 48 hours because his daughter is cutting her molars. He's even *more* entertaining when he's severely sleep-deprived. The goofiness level was dialed WAY up, which, of course, I enjoy immensely :) His Forrest Gump impersonation over the walkie-talkie gave me the giggles for the rest of the afternoon, and even made all the about-to-be-cranky people in line laugh. Still, I was glad to get the hell out of there for the evening.

Ate loads of Chinese food for dinner and watched "Fool's Gold." It wasn't as bad as I was expecting. One of those movies you don't have to think about too much, which was perfect after a mind-numbing day at the store. Plus, watching Matthew McConaughey run around on-screen largely shirtless isn't exactly a hardship.

Got up at the ass-crack of dawn Sunday morning, ran 16 miles in the skanky, humid, hot morning, got bitched at and dressed-down, took a nap, read for a couple of hours, and watched a marathon of "Deadliest Catch."

Today, I got up, rode 80 minutes around the neighborhood, practiced on the steno machine for two hours, went to the grocery store, watched "Definitely, Maybe" (a pretty good chick-flick,) went through my seemingly-weekly breakdown, wondering how the hell I effed up my life so bad and what I can do to fix it, then practiced for another hour, since that seems to be the only answer I can come up with to fix it. Aaaaaand now I'm here :)

No comments: