Friday, July 25, 2008

Brick

Did a brick today, 10 miles on the bike, 3 mile run, which is what I'll be doing next Saturday. Took me about 1/2 mile to get my "road legs." The ol' stems were pretty Jello-y for a while. And since I'm still ambivalent about the bike, I thought I'd focus on the positive aspects, like I did with the treadmill.

*It's doing awesome things for my legs
*Hills are more fun. Well, going DOWN hills is fun. Going up still sucks. But not as much as running up them. At least there aren't any ginormous hills around here. Except for that one.
*Spitting off the bike is pretty fun (Yes, I spit. Get over it.)
*The neighborhood kids think the bike is cool
*Not ALL drivers are discourteous. Some actually leave for work early enough that they don't have to run over you to make it on time. Golfers late for their tee time, however, will run over any old lady pushing a carriage full of babies and puppies to get to the clubhouse (our subdivision is a golf course community.)

But my butt still hurts and I still look like a dork in my helmet :)

Now, I'm relaxing for the rest of the day. Going to the movies (by myself, yet again) to watch my movie star crush, Will Ferrell, which is mildly disturbing. What can I say? I've got a thing for funny, goofy guys. And tomorrow morning, it's 18 miles at the ass-crack of dawn. Yay. A Labor Day marathon in Mississippi was a FABULOUS idea.

Song of the day: "You Look Good in My Shirt" by Keith Urban. Just 'cuz it rocks :)

No comments: