Sunday, January 14, 2007

101 Others


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
101
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?


Okay, after stealing this from Ellie, who stole it from someone who stole it from someone who probably stole it from someone else, I ran a check of my first and last names. There are 101 people in the U.S. with my first and last name combo. And, according to this site, 89.3% of people named Shawn in the U.S. are male. I wonder how many Shawn Newtons are female? And I bet there aren't ANY other Shawn Christine Newtons. Maybe I'll check my original last name, Gross, and see how many of those there are.

I used to hate my name when I was a kid, especially in junior high. I even went by my middle name for a school year, in fifth grade (actually, I had everyone call me Christy. I am sooooo not a Christy...) But I grew to like it as I got older. It's fairly uncommon for a girl, and I think it suits me. When I was in high school, there were five Jennifers and four Amys in my biology class alone, and I knew at LEAST six Heathers. Thanks for not being afraid to buck the trend, Mom!

Interesting stuff. Thanks, Ellie :)

2 comments:

Una said...

That is too cool! Who knew?? I did mine for a laugh, there are 8,999 people in the U.S. with the first name Una, and 7,199 people in the U.S. with the last name Beaudry. A big goose egg on both names together (I am Canadian after all, otherwise there might be 1 or 2 (including my late Mom)). I never would have thought there'd be more Una's than Beaudry's though...

Dianne W. said...

Great site, Shawn. I have a friend here in Calgary, and she spells hers Shaun.

There are 20 Dianne Wilkinson's, and only 5 Dianne Turpin's (my maiden name.