Wednesday, June 07, 2006

An Open Memo to Guys Everywhere

TO: The Male Species
FROM: Me
RE: Common Sense

If you're talking to a girl for a while and then, for whatever reason, decide you're not into her anymore--please have the stones to TELL HER!! Don't just not call or not contact her again. That is SO aggravating, and way more likely to make her angry than just saying, "Hey, I changed my mind" or whatever. It's kind of sad that this is probably enlightening information for you.

Just a little friendly advice from Sister Mary Shawn, your neighborhood soon-to-be nun. Should you have any questions, please contact me.

6 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

In all my years I've known maybe one or two guys with that much courtesy plus stones. Probably ain't gonna happen. Sorry! I know it's a pain in the ass!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

But that would require character! It's so much easier to slink away into a corner and hope they don't run into you.

*jeanne* said...

Of course, there IS something to be said for NOT getting the rejection thrown point-blank in your face...

I think most of my "dates" just never were heard from again. The ones that stuck around usually found a way to SHATTER me later on.

But I was the Reigning Princess of Being Dumped through most of my single years.

Una said...

Men can be knobs. Better off without a coward in my books!

Shawn said...

I have a fairly strict "No Bullshit" policy, which this guy knows. I think I would rather have the same courtesy extended to me (I know, foreign concept, right??)than for him to think so little of me that he can't even say, "Look, here's the thing...." I get that he's not into me, and I'm okay with that, and I'm moving forward. I just felt then need to rant a bit about it. Thanks for listening :)

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Right on, Sister!!!