Sunday, March 15, 2009

Disney Princess Half Marathon - Sunday

Judging by how I was dressed for the race, I did not intend to actually "race" this event. But I took off fairly fast (for me,) and was on PR pace until about mile 10. Despite the tutu, tiara, and stopping to take pictures of characters every 50 feet ;) Finished in 2:27:03, which is about 5 minutes off my current half PR.

Nancy and me waiting for the shuttle to the start

That tiara has some miles on it...

In the corral. Don't judge ;)

Cinderella's castle. We ran through it

Chip and Dale

Malefacent from Sleeping Beauty

Prince Philip and Sleeping Beauty (aka Aurora.) I was caught in mid-blink :( I apologized to Aurora for looking like I did at that point.

Aladdin and Jasmine

Fairies. I almost didn't want to stand between them, they were so beautiful

Muu-Shuu and Mulan

You gotta love a dude who is *this* secure in his masculinity

Linae and Holly, Princesses Supporting Princesses

In front of Epcot, about 1.5 miles from the finish
The characters were awesome. They were always gracious and smiling despite the fact that they had to put their arms around smelly, sweaty runners all day while wearing those heavy costumes and spackled-on makeup. And I'm still bummed that I missed Stitch, who is my favorite Disney guy. Gotta love the bad boys ;)



No comments: