Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Diabetes on a Plate

This is the dessert that I am semi-famous for. I get requests for it for every pitch-in, holiday party, and PMS cycle ;) The first office pitch-in I brought this to, when I worked for Indiana State Emergency Management Ops, my friend (and work husband) John came up to me, gave me a hug, and told me it was better than sex. Awkward, sure, but I'm glad I, uh, made him happy.


It's not low-fat or healthy in any way, unless you count the peanut butter, which is protein. The health benefits are pretty much washed out by the stick of butter and three cups of confectioner's sugar that also goes into the mixture. And the loads of chocolate. And the crust, which consists of crumbled butter cookies and melted butter.



I made it today for a Black Friday party at work. I made it last week for an early Thanksgiving party at school. They went before lunch was over, and my poor little lemon squares, which I actually prefer because they're not as rich, got the shaft :(

Tomorrow: Key lime pie!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious...I'd have to run twice as much as you do to work off those little morsels...

Nancy Toby said...

Now now, sugar does not cause diabetes, unless you eat several hundred pounds of it LIKE ME.

Is a "pitch-in" a potluck? Never heard that term before.

Shawn said...

Several hundred pounds, eh? Close, anyway ;)

A pitch-in is a potluck. Must be a regional term....

steffie said...

YUMMMMY! its making my teeth hurt already!!! You should mail me some of those!