Friday, December 22, 2006

Books!!

Sad bookcase :-(

Happy bookcase :-D


Umm, SMALLER bookcase (notice the marathon medals in the shadowbox...the first five, baby!)

I finished reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon on the recommendation of two bookworm-y friends. I was up until 3:00 this morning reading because I couldn't put it down. Thank you thank you thank you to Mary M. in Indiana and Karen for turning me on to this series. As I was out doing my last-second Christmas shopping this afternoon (wow, Christmas really snuck up on us this year, didn't it??) in the Ninth Circle of Hell (aka, the mall), I popped into Waldenbooks and bought the second book in the six-book series, Dragonfly in Amber. Sure, they're basically romance novels, but they're so much more. But they're intelligent and well-written, unlike most of the romance novels I read when I was a teenager.

Is it possible to be in love with a book? 'Cause I think I wanna marry this one...

Next on my To-Be-Read pile: The Gods of Newport by my main man, John Jakes.

Happy reading to all who indulge!

3 comments:

Downhillnut said...

NICE shadow box.

Glad you enjoyed the book! I always find myself thinking with a Scottish accent when I'm into that series.

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I'm with Karen, nice shadow box. My medals are just hanging on the corner of my bookshelf.

Merry Christmas and all the best in 2007.

Una said...

Oooooh! I started reading them in January, and just last week found the time to finish them all! To ease my loss, I'm now reading 'The Outlandish Companion', it's a fun background book. Can't wait for the next one, whenever that may be.

Love your shadowbox! I'm starting to think I made a mistake cutting all my ribbons off my medals to make a windchime!